Follow my blog for easy cooking

Thursday 19 April 2012

Hey this is addicting . I'm back on my blog again. I'm talking to myself out here  - only it is much better than that. So yes  we're signed up for that swimming class now. My friend chickened out at the last minute and so now I'm going alone with two five year olds. Talking of five year olds - my daughter now has two tiffin breaks and that's the one thing that really ticks me off about her going to class I. Every morning I rack my brains to fill two tiffins, and for a slow eater like my baby it has to be compact as well. So I need this energy packed dhamaka that goes in , in about 5 bites. This morning I hit upon this brilliant marriage of french toast and cheese sandwich and thats what I gave her.  Here goes

Cheese slice and egg dhamaka

You need -
  1. A cheese slice (available from Amul etc.)
  2. 2 slices of bread
  3. 1 raw egg
  4. 1 tablespoon oil
  5. 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
This how you go -
  1. Break the egg in a quarter plate.Any plate actually will do but a quarter plate is the right size to dip in the bread.
  2. Stir the egg a bit so that the white and yellow parts mix
  3. Take one slice of bread and place it on the egg. Allow the bread to soak up the egg as much as possible
  4. Place a cheese slice on the side of the bread facing you (which is not yet egg soaked)
  5. Cover the cheese slice with another slice of bread
  6. Flip over the tower of bread slices and cheese slice so that the top bread can now soak in the egg.
  7. Heat a tablespoon of oil in the frying pan (add a teaspoon of butter to this oil if you like)
  8. Place the egg soaked cheese slice sandwich in the oil. Fry one side and when it is done flip it over and fry the other side. It is a good idea to fry at medium or low flame so that the egg does not burn on the outside and the cheese melts slightly inside and holds the bread slices together.
  9. Make sure you lift out the sandwich before the cheese melts so much that it starts dripping onto the pan.
  10. Take the sandwich out on an open paper napkin and dab both sides to soak up as much oil as possible.
  11. And Voila! we're ready to go!
Note - I dont' put any salt into the egg because I find the cheese slice and bread make it salty enough - but if you like you could add a little bit of salt to the egg

Ta-da for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment